In the mid-1990s, Be Inc. had the audacity to create a brand-new personal computer operating system from scratch. It gained critical acclaim for its ahead-of-its-time features, but failed to capture significant market share. It’s still a cult favorite 25 years later, and here’s why.
What Was BeOS, and Why Did People Love It?
More from TechnologyMore posts in Technology »
- Tony Hsieh, iconic Las Vegas tech entrepreneur, dies aged 46
- Facebook’s Libra could launch in January
- India sets rules for commissions, surge pricing for Uber and Ola
- There’s no ‘hacker house’ geared toward undergraduate women, so they created one of their own
- No Google-Fitbit merger without human rights remedies, says Amnesty to EU