Written by multidisciplinary artist Nadine Neema, who lived in Wekweeti and assisted in land claims negotiations that led to the historic Tłı̨chǫ Agreement, Journal of a Travelling Girl chronicles the life-changing canoe trip of 11-year-old Jules as she connects with her ancestral roots.
Children's book chronicles 11-year-old girl's life-changing canoe trip
More from CanadaMore posts in Canada »
- Fort Chipewyan gets stop signs written in Indigenous languages
- Young Indigenous woman creates and leads her own sharing circles
- Looking to create “superstars,” remote NWO First Nation hosts national singing competition
- Late Fred Sasakamoose's TRC testimony left lasting impression, remembers commissioner
- Gwich'in place names project gets Governor General history award