Fred Sasakamoose, one of the first Indigenous athletes to play in the National Hockey League, was hospitalized as a “presumed” positive COVID-19 case.
Fred Sasakamoose, Indigenous NHL pioneer, hospitalized over 'presumed' COVID-19 case
More from CanadaMore posts in Canada »
- Indigenous rights advocates 'cautiously optimistic' about Liberal UNDRIP legislation
- Manitoba premier wants extra doses of vaccine if Ottawa reserves portion for First Nations
- Cree student awarded Order of the White Rose in memory of Polytechnique victims
- First Nation appeals to province to help cover $6.3M shortfall on $100M geothermal project
- Yellowknives Dene demand federal compensation, economic benefits from Giant Mine