A Guatemalan third-division game produced one of the most blatant attempts to dupe a referee we’ve seen in a while. Batanecos FC player Rosbin Ramos picked up an object which had been thrown on to the pitch by fans, then hit himself in the face and collapsed to the floor, faking that it had been thrown at him. Sadly, his performance was wasted as the match officials didn’t see the incident so no punishments were given
Player fakes being hit by object in Guatemalan football match – video
More from SportsMore posts in Sports »
- Zlatan's attack on LeBron James echoes the hypocrisy of the American right | Etan Thomas
- Canelo Álvarez subdues Avni Yıldırım then announces Billy Joe Saunders fight
- Canelo Álvarez v Avni Yıldırım: WBA/WBC super middleweight championship – live!
- US Soccer votes to scrap anthem kneeling policy despite vocal dissent
- BBC’s Sonja McLaughlan reveals online abuse over Owen Farrell interview