- TikTok has appointed ByteDance Ltd CFO Shou Zi Chew to the additional position of the TikTok CEO, the Wall Street Journal reports.
- Chew succeeded former Alphabet Inc (NASDAQ: GOOG) (NASDAQ: GOOGL) executive Vanessa Pappas in the new position. Pappas will become the TikTok COO.
- Pappas has been TikTok’s interim CEO since August after former Walt Disney Co (NYSE: DIS) executive Kevin Mayer’s unexpected resignation.
- Pappas will maintain her present responsibilities, including the new role.
- Chew had joined ByteDance last month after departing as Xiaomi Corp’s (OTC: XIACF) (OTC: XIACY) CFO.
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.