- Japan looks to allocate ¥600 billion ($5.2 billion) from its FY21 budget to support advanced semiconductor manufacturers like Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (NYSE: TSM), Nikkei Asia reports.
- The Japanese government will invest ¥400 billion in a new factory by TSM in Kumamoto prefecture, southwest Japan.
- The government will invest the remaining ¥200 billion in other factories, including Micron Technology Inc (NASDAQ: MU) and Japan’s Kioxia Holdings.
- Related Content: TSM To Build Chip Factory In Taiwan, Specialty Technology Fab In Japan
- Price Action: TSM shares traded lower by 3.87% at $119.93 on the last check Tuesday.
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.