Hello, and welcome back to Equity, the podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
Here’s what we got into on our Monday episode, a weekly kick-off of sorts:
- Stocks are mixed around the world, up in parts of Asia and Europe, but down sharply in the United States to start the week.
- Crypto prices have recovered modestly, but remain sharply depressed from the last week. The FTX damage continues to reverberate.
- Speaking of crypto, the FTX saga continues. The latest includes a hack on Friday, and a massive emission of new FTT tokens that was so poorly received that major exchanges pulled deposits of the now-radioactive security.
- All the exchange drama has led to other exchanges taking fire, and Coinbase looking great in contrast.
- Elsewhere in tech-land: Fake meat raises a bunch more money, Klarna is doing some neat product work, India has unbanned VLC, which was a head-scratcher to begin with, and e-commerce infra startups are still raising capital!
And that’s all the time we had this morning! More Wednesday!