- BiondVax Pharmaceuticals Ltd BVXV announced additional results in a preclinical proof-of-concept study of its innovative inhaled NanoAb COVID-19 drug.
- The study compared weight loss in two groups of hamsters. Hamsters administered a mid-sized 0.66mg dose of the NanoAb three hours before infection experienced no significant weight loss over the six-day trial.
- But the untreated control group’s weight declined 12% on average, a highly statistically significant difference.
- The prophylactic results follow previously reported data from the same study indicating that compared to the control (placebo) group, hamsters treated with a 2mg dose of BiondVax’s inhaled NanoAb one day after infection had negligible SARS-CoV-2 viral titers in their lungs, and experienced a milder and shorter illness in comparison to the placebo group that had at least 30-times higher viral titers.
- This preclinical trial continues with additional arms testing lower therapeutic doses (0.66mg and 0.22mg). In 2023, BiondVax is expected to conduct a preclinical toxicity study.
- The company also expects to scale up its manufacturing processes for NanoAbs for the first-in-human Phase 1/2a trial, which is planned for Q4 2023.
- Price Action: BVXV shares are up 2.55% at $2.82 on the last check Monday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.