Someone with a lot of money to spend has taken a bullish stance on Enphase Energy ENPH.
And retail traders should know.
We noticed this today when the big position showed up on publicly available options history that we track here at Benzinga.
Whether this is an institution or just a wealthy individual, we don’t know. But when something this big happens with ENPH, it often means somebody knows something is about to happen.
So how do we know what this whale just did?
Today, Benzinga‘s options scanner spotted 71 uncommon options trades for Enphase Energy.
This isn’t normal.
The overall sentiment of these big-money traders is split between 50% bullish and 49%, bearish.
Out of all of the special options we uncovered, 40 are puts, for a total amount of $1,867,319, and 31 are calls, for a total amount of $2,048,000.
What’s The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $100.0 to $380.0 for Enphase Energy over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
In terms of liquidity and interest, the mean open interest for Enphase Energy options trades today is 388.91 with a total volume of 4,880.00.
In the following chart, we are able to follow the development of volume and open interest of call and put options for Enphase Energy’s big money trades within a strike price range of $100.0 to $380.0 over the last 30 days.
Enphase Energy Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Enphase Energy Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 3,244,623, the price of ENPH is down -2.79% at $233.68.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 32 days.
What The Experts Say On Enphase Energy:
- Wells Fargo has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Enphase Energy, which currently sits at a price target of $326.
- Northland Capital Markets upgraded its action to Outperform with a price target of $365
- Daiwa Capital downgraded its action to Outperform with a price target of $335
- Piper Sandler has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Enphase Energy, which currently sits at a price target of $350.
- Susquehanna downgraded its action to Neutral with a price target of $365
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Enphase Energy, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.