Nine-times Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic suggests he is not done quite done yet. Speaking after another superb performance in a this year’s straight sets final victory over Daniil Medvedev, the world No 1 said: ‘Age is just a number, so I don’t I don’t feel tired, I don’t feel exhausted from playing tennis, competing at the highest level.’ The 33-year-old also addressed his critics: ‘I just accept the fact that I can’t please everyone. it does frustrate me … I have feelings like anybody else and I don’t enjoy when someone judges or criticises.’
'Age is just a number': Djokovic vows to stay at the top after ninth Australian Open title – video
More from SportsMore posts in Sports »
- Newcastle face an almighty battle to stay in the Premier League
- Reggie Cannon: 'Explaining America feels like describing medieval times'
- Aaron Finch finds form as Australia stay alive with win over New Zealand in third T20
- Footballer Peter Whittingham fell and died after 'play fight', inquest told
- New-look Diamonds hit back in second Constellation Cup clash in New Zealand