A Guatemalan third-division game produced one of the most blatant attempts to dupe a referee we’ve seen in a while. Batanecos FC player Rosbin Ramos picked up an object which had been thrown on to the pitch by fans, then hit himself in the face and collapsed to the floor, faking that it had been thrown at him. Sadly, his performance was wasted as the match officials didn’t see the incident so no punishments were given
Player fakes being hit by object in Guatemalan football match – video
More from SportsMore posts in Sports »
- Queensland Rugby League offers Israel Folau fresh hope of NRL return
- Jarryd Hayne rape retrial: complainant tells court alleged assault only stopped after she bled
- Dak Prescott agrees to four-year, $160m contract with Dallas Cowboys
- RB Leipzig's Angeliño: 'The pressure is more on Liverpool than us'
- 'World class' Keely Hodgkinson tipped to lead new wave of British athletics