A referee in a Mexican football match made an accidental and potentially game-changing block during Liga MX’s game between Cruz Azul and Toluca. Cruz Azul were pushing for their third goal, after a looped ball over the top they were through on goal only for the first attempt to strike a post. The ball then bounced back into the path of another attacker and as he struck it at goal the referee, Óscar Macías, accidentally blocked it. Despite a rallying surge from Toluca to bring the score level at 2-2 the home side managed to find a third goal in the second half.
Referee accidentally blocks goal-bound shot in Mexican football match – video
More from SportsMore posts in Sports »
- Aston Villa v Arsenal: Women's Super League – live!
- Tottenham v Burnley: Premier League – live!
- Nicolas Pépé seizes his chance in Arsenal's classy comeback at Leicester
- Fulham frustrated by missed chances in goalless draw at Crystal Palace
- Chinese Super League in disarray as champions Jiangsu cease operations