The former Liverpool and Scotland forward Ian St John, who went on to co-host the popular television show Saint and Greavsie with Jimmy Greaves, has died aged 82. St John played 425 times for the club from 1961 to 1971, scoring 118 goals. St John got the extra-time winner when Liverpool secured their first FA Cup against Leeds in 1965 under Bill Shankly. He also won the First Division title in 1964 and 1966. St John started his career at hometown club Motherwell before joining Liverpool for a then club-record fee of £37,500, and played 21 times for Scotland, scoring nine goals
Liverpool forward and TV personality Ian St John dies aged 82 – video obituary
More from SportsMore posts in Sports »
- AFLW 2021 grand final: Adelaide Crows v Brisbane Lions – live!
- Tottenham face anxious wait on Harry Kane’s fitness for Carabao Cup final
- Wayne Rooney rages at referee after Derby’s survival bid hit at Blackburn
- Nathan Chen tops Yuzuru Hanyu to win men’s free skate at World Team Trophy
- Kelechi Iheanacho: ‘People forget my name, they call me Senior Man’