Pune, India, April 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Alcohol-based Sanitizer Segment to Lead Backed by Rising Usage Amidst Covid-19 Pandemic
The impact of COVID-19 on hand sanitizer market is bifurcated into alcohol-free sanitizer and alcohol-based sanitizer. Out of these, the alcohol-based sanitizer segment held approximately 64% of the global market and is in the dominant position. Separately, the alcohol-based sanitizer market stood at USD 828.07 million in 2019. These sanitizers play a vital role in preventing many disease-spreading microorganisms. They contain around 60% to 90% of n-propanol or ethyl alcohol, as well as isopropyl alcohol. The CDC, for instance, announced that these types of sanitizers are the best during the COVID-19 outbreak as they are capable of killing most of the germs. Such norms are also aiding in the growth of this segment.
The global impact of COVID-19 on hand sanitizer market size is likely to gain traction from the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic. It has resulted in the increasing demand for personal hygiene products, namely, hand wash, soaps, tissue papers, and sanitizers worldwide. This information is given by Fortune Business Insights™ in a newly published report, titled, “Impact of COVID-19 on Hand Sanitizer Market Size, Share, Industry Analysis and Regional Forecast, 2019-2026.“ The report further mentions that the hand sanitizer market size was anticipated to reach USD 1.35 billion in 2020 before the Covid-19 outbreak. However, on account of the present scenario, it is likely to generate USD 1.87 billion this year. In addition to this, it would rise tremendously from an annual growth rate of 5.06% to 45.71% in 2020.
Fortune Business Insights™ lists out all the hand sanitizer companies that are presently striving to reduce the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the market:
- Reckitt Benckiser (U.K.)
- Gojo Industry Inc. (U.S.)
- Henkel AG & Company (Germany)
- Himalaya Global Holdings Ltd. (India)
- Unilever Plc. (U.K.)
- Bacardi Limited (Bermuda)
- CVS Health (U.S.)
- Best Sanitizer Inc. (U.S.)
- Proctor & Gamble (U.S.)
- SC Johnson & Son, Inc. (U.S.)
Get Sample PDF Brochure:
Key Questions Answered:
- Why Choose Fortune Business Insights?
- What are the key demands and trends shaping the market?
- What are the key opportunities in the market?
- What are the key companies operating in the market?
- Which company accounted for the highest market share?
- What is the market size and growth rate of the global and regional market by various segments?
- What is the market size and growth rate of the market for selective countries?
- Which region or sub-segment is expected to drive the market in the forecast period?
- What Factors are estimated to drive and restrain the market growth?
Rising Awareness about Personal Hygiene Products in Many Regions to Aid Growth
North America procured USD 485.59 million in 2019 in terms of revenue and occupied around 38% of the global market. As per one of our analysts, “The level of exposure experienced by every region will vary.” Several factors are responsible for the same. The governments of many countries are taking various initiatives to reduce the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Besides, the number of awareness programs regarding personal hygiene products in rural areas, as well as import & export activities would contribute to the varying levels of impact of this pandemic worldwide.
Industries Shift towards Sanitizer Business to Cater to the Growing Needs
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic is resulting in the rapid shift of a large number of companies, such as agriculture, beauty products, skincare, and liquor in producing alcohol-based sanitizers to meet the increasing demand.
Impact of COVID-19 on Hand Sanitizer Market Report Focus on:
- Extensive product offerings
- Customer research services
- Robust research methodology
- Comprehensive reports
- Latest technological developments
- Value chain analysis
- Potential Market opportunities
- Growth dynamics
- Quality assurance
- Post-sales support
- Regular report updates
Below are a couple of the most recent industry developments:
- April 2020: John Distilleries, a producer of distilled beverages headquartered in Bengaluru, begun producing hand sanitizers at its distilleries in Goa, Davanagere, and Bengaluru. Its main aim is to prevent the short supply of the product owing to the Covid-19 pandemic. It has also planned to donate hand sanitizers to healthcare institutes.
- March 2020: The American whiskey industry and craft breweries started taking initiatives as the shortage of hand sanitizers is surging. They have paused the manufacturing of beverages and have started producing alcohol-based sanitizers. Some of the distilleries are selling their sanitizers to the masses to not only cater to the growing needs but also to keep their staff paid. However, some other distilleries chose to deliver their sanitizing products free of cost to businesses, critical facilities, and first responders.
Order Complete Research Report:
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Comprehensive analysis of the market growth drivers, obstacles, opportunities, and other related challenges.
- Tracks the developments, such as new product launches, agreements, mergers and acquisitions, geographical expansions, and joint ventures.
- Identifies market restraints and boosters.
- Identifies all the possible segments present in the market to aid organizations in strategic business planning.
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245