As former senior executive of BMW AG’s electric car division, Kranz oversaw the development of the sporty electric i3 and i8 cars at BMW, which might give us a hint into the potential aesthetic of the future Apple Car. Anonymous sources say he’ll report to Doug Field, who runs the Apple Car project and previously led development of Tesla’s Model 3.
Apple confirms hiring of Ulrich Kranz, former CEO of EV company Canoo
More from TechnologyMore posts in Technology »
- Daily Crunch: European privacy regulators fine Amazon $887M over targeted advertising practices
- Argo AI can now offer the public rides in its autonomous vehicles in California
- Deliveroo could leave Spanish market ahead of on-demand labor reclassification
- For tech firms, the risk of not preparing for leadership changes is huge
- Whisper's AI Hearing Aid Adds Support for 5 Android Phones