As former senior executive of BMW AG’s electric car division, Kranz oversaw the development of the sporty electric i3 and i8 cars at BMW, which might give us a hint into the potential aesthetic of the future Apple Car. Anonymous sources say he’ll report to Doug Field, who runs the Apple Car project and previously led development of Tesla’s Model 3.
Apple confirms hiring of Ulrich Kranz, former CEO of EV company Canoo
More from TechnologyMore posts in Technology »
- To win post-pandemic, startups need remote-first growth teams
- Take a Look Inside Google's First Permanent Physical Store
- Amazon Is Offering Popular Prime Video Channels for $1 Each
- Facebook rolls out new tools for Group admins, including automated moderation aids
- Investors Clara Brenner, Quin Garcia and Rachel Holt on SPACs, micromobility and how COVID-19 shaped VCInvestors Clara Brenner, Quin Garcia and Rachel Holt on SPACs, micromobility and how COVID-19 shaped VC