First, you get your ingredients:
- Flour (duh)
- Warm water
- Cooking oil
Now that you have your ingredients:
- Activate the yeast. What that means is that you mix it with salt, sugar, and water.
- The next step is to add flour and mix it properly.
- Cover the mixture and leave it for about an hour so it can rise.
It’s frying time!
- Heat your oil in a deep pan.
- Check if the oil is hot enough by putting a tiny portion of the dough in it. If it’s hot enough, it will rise to the top.
- Once you’re sure the oil is hot enough, drop as many balls of dough as you want into the pan. Not too many though, you don’t want to crowd your pan.
- Fry till the bottom is golden brown, then flip it.
- Leave it to fry till the other side is golden brown too.
- Take it out of the oil, put it in a sieve to drain the oil or place it on kitchen towels to soak up the oil.
And that, my dears, is how to make puff puff.