- KeyBanc analyst Brandon Nispel upgraded AT&T Inc (NYSE: T) to Sector Weight from Underweight without a price target.
- It appears more difficult to justify further downside from current levels given simplification of the business, reduced leverage, and peers that trade at premiums, Nispel notes.
- The analyst cautions that he does not recommend owning AT&T and see a modest downside but thinks further downside might support a more favorable risk/reward.
- AT&T trades at a forward P/E multiple of 8.3x versus Verizon Communications Inc (NYSE: VZ) at 9.6x, PT Telkom Indonesia (Persero) Tbk (NYSE: TLK) at 15.2x, Orange SA (NYSE: ORAN) at 8.5x, and Telefonica SA (NYSE: TEF) at 10.6x.
- Price Action: T shares traded higher by 0.99% at $25.55 in the premarket session on the last check Thursday.
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.