Press "Enter" to skip to content

Rangers fight back to draw with Aberdeen while Celtic win

Rangers fight back to draw with Aberdeen while Celtic win

  • Champions were 2-0 down on night Ibrox remembered Smith
  • Celtic score three times in opening half-hour in 3-1 win at Hibs

PA Media
Wed 27 Oct 2021 17.42 EDT

Rangers fought back from a two-goal deficit to draw 2-2 with Aberdeen in the Scottish Premiership on an emotionally charged night at Ibrox.

Following the death on Tuesday of the former Rangers manager Walter Smith, Aberdeen stunned the home crowd when Christian Ramirez and the ex-Celtic captain Scott Brown both scored in the opening 16 minutes.

Rangers reduced the deficit with an Alfredo Morelos header in the 20th minute before James Tavernier rescued a point from the penalty spot with nine minutes remaining.

Celtic produced an emphatic first-half display as they moved to within two points of Rangers following a 3-1 victory against Hibernian at Easter Road. Tony Ralston, Cameron Carter-Vickers and Kyogo Furuhashi all struck inside 30 minutes to earn Ange Postecoglou’s resurgent side a fifth consecutive win in all competitions.

Unbeaten Hearts dropped one place behind the Hoops following a 1-1 draw at St Johnstone. Liam Gordon netted for the hosts before Josh Ginnelly fired in a first-half equaliser. But despite dominating in the second period, Hearts failed to produce a winner.

Dundee United extended their unbeaten league run to seven games after a 1-1 draw at 10-man Livingston. The visitors fell behind when Nicky Clark put through his own net before Peter Pawlett equalised. Ben Williamson was sent off for a late tackle on Declan Glass on the stroke of half-time, but the Tangerines could not make their advantage count.

Ross County stunned Dundee 5-0 to record their first Premiership win of the season. Harry Clarke, Ross Callachan and Joseph Hungbo found the target before Regan Charles-Cook’s brace completed a superb victory at Dens Park.

Eamonn Brophy scored twice as St Mirren fought back to earn a 2-2 draw with Motherwell. The home side took a 2-0 lead at Fir Park after a quickfire Tony Watt double early in the second half, only for Brophy to score in the 74th and 78th minutes – his second, a retaken penalty – to salvage a point for St Mirren.

This post was originally published on this site

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *