Someone with a lot of money to spend has taken a bearish stance on Sunrun (NASDAQ:RUN).
And retail traders should know.
We noticed this today when the big position showed up on publicly available options history that we track here at Benzinga.
Whether this is an institution or just a wealthy individual, we don’t know. But when something this big happens with RUN, it often means somebody knows something is about to happen.
So how do we know what this whale just did?
Today, Benzinga‘s options scanner spotted 13 uncommon options trades for Sunrun.
This isn’t normal.
The overall sentiment of these big-money traders is split between 38.46% bullish and 61.54%, bearish.
Out of all of the special options we uncovered, 7 are puts, for a total amount of $774,059.00, and 6 are calls, for a total amount of $316,905.00.
What’s The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $35.0 to $70.0 for Sunrun over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
In terms of liquidity and interest, the mean open interest for Sunrun options trades today is 2260.5 with a total volume of 6,072.00.
In the following chart, we are able to follow the development of volume and open interest of call and put options for Sunrun’s big money trades within a strike price range of $35.0 to $70.0 over the last 30 days.
Sunrun Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Sunrun Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 2,655,235.00, the price of RUN is down -4.86% at $40.25.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 83 days.
What The Experts Say On Sunrun:
- Truist Securities has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Sunrun, which currently sits at a price target of $76.0.
- Needham has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Sunrun, which currently sits at a price target of $70.0.
- RBC Capital has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Sunrun, which currently sits at a price target of $79.0.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you are already an options trader or would like to get started, head on over to Benzinga Pro. Benzinga Pro gives you up-to-date news and analytics to empower your investing and trading strategy.