- Abbott Laboratories ABT announced late-breaking data for MitraClip, a therapy to treat leaky valves in people with mitral regurgitation (MR).
- The data demonstrate the long-term benefits of the device in patients battling heart failure.
- The five-year results from the landmark COAPT trial show MitraClip are safe and effective and cut the rate of hospitalizations while improving survival for heart failure patients with severe secondary (or functional) MR.
- After five years of patient follow-up, data from the COAPT trial demonstrated substantial benefits for patients, including that MitraClip:
- Significantly reduced the risk of annualized hospitalizations by nearly half (33% per year vs. 57% in the control group)
- Reduced the risk of death by almost 30% (57% vs. 67% in the control group)
- Achieved durable MR reduction, with 95% of patients experiencing reduced MR from moderate-to-severe or severe (grade ≥ 3+ on a four-point scale) to mild or moderate (grade ≤ 2+)
- More than 150,000 patients have been treated with MitraClip globally.
- Price Action: ABT shares closed at $104.45 on Friday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Be First to Comment