Someone with a lot of money to spend has taken a bullish stance on Marathon Petroleum MPC.
And retail traders should know.
We noticed this today when the big position showed up on publicly available options history that we track here at Benzinga.
Whether this is an institution or just a wealthy individual, we don’t know. But when something this big happens with MPC, it often means somebody knows something is about to happen.
So how do we know what this whale just did?
Today, Benzinga‘s options scanner spotted 10 uncommon options trades for Marathon Petroleum.
This isn’t normal.
The overall sentiment of these big-money traders is split between 70% bullish and 30%, bearish.
Out of all of the special options we uncovered, 3 are puts, for a total amount of $139,142, and 7 are calls, for a total amount of $293,820.
What’s The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $125.0 to $185.0 for Marathon Petroleum over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is a powerful move while trading options. This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Marathon Petroleum’s options for a given strike price. Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Marathon Petroleum’s whale trades within a strike price range from $125.0 to $185.0 in the last 30 days.
Marathon Petroleum Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Ready to win big? Discover the #1 strategy for trading options in today’s unpredictable market… with potential gains of 44%, 125% and even 411% every month on average. Starting at only $1 a day. Click here now.
Where Is Marathon Petroleum Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 1,421,206, the price of MPC is up 1.02% at $152.8.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 90 days.
What The Experts Say On Marathon Petroleum:
- Raymond James has decided to maintain their Strong Buy rating on Marathon Petroleum, which currently sits at a price target of $171.
- Morgan Stanley has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Marathon Petroleum, which currently sits at a price target of $160.
- Raymond James has decided to maintain their Strong Buy rating on Marathon Petroleum, which currently sits at a price target of $175.
- Piper Sandler has decided to maintain their Neutral rating on Marathon Petroleum, which currently sits at a price target of $148.
- Mizuho has decided to maintain their Neutral rating on Marathon Petroleum, which currently sits at a price target of $166.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Marathon Petroleum, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.