Someone with a lot of money to spend has taken a bearish stance on VF VFC.
And retail traders should know.
We noticed this today when the big position showed up on publicly available options history that we track here at Benzinga.
Whether this is an institution or just a wealthy individual, we don’t know. But when something this big happens with VFC, it often means somebody knows something is about to happen.
Today, Benzinga’s options scanner spotted 13 options trades for VF.
This isn’t normal.
The overall sentiment of these big-money traders is split between 46% bullish and 53%, bearish.
Out of all of the options we uncovered, 12 are puts, for a total amount of $572,272, and there was 1 call, for a total amount of $66,850.
What’s The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $7.5 to $27.5 for VF over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is an insightful way to conduct due diligence on a stock.
This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for VF’s options for a given strike price.
Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of VF’s whale activity within a strike price range from $7.5 to $27.5 in the last 30 days.
VF Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Ready to win big? Discover the #1 strategy for trading options in today’s unpredictable market… with potential gains of 44%, 125% and even 411% every month on average. Starting at only $1 a day. Click here now.
Where Is VF Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 12,395,242, the price of VFC is up 0.54% at $14.81.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be approaching oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 97 days.
What The Experts Say On VF:
- Piper Sandler has decided to maintain their Neutral rating on VF, which currently sits at a price target of $18.
- Wedbush has decided to maintain their Neutral rating on VF, which currently sits at a price target of $15.
- BMO Capital has decided to maintain their Market Perform rating on VF, which currently sits at a price target of $18.
- Stifel has decided to maintain their Buy rating on VF, which currently sits at a price target of $24.
- Telsey Advisory Group downgraded its action to Outperform with a price target of $27
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for VF, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.